Had the same issue, got to 1% then would give me the same message. Remembered that I was on a guest account so switched to admin, also followed the instructions from the moderator. It then made it to 98% and I got the same message so was going to reply with that. But when I plugged the icon back in it says its up to date. And it still works, went into the edit advanced settings and the jawbonelink was added to the list which is was not before the update. Also IM not sure if it matters whether the headset is turned on or off!?
I had success! I canged to a Windows7 Laptop conecting to the internet via a 3G dongle. Any other difference was the mouse was not USB. Hope this help other users.
Sound is awsome with Live
I am still having this problem. I am on a MAC, 10.7.2, and using Jambox. Can somebody [looking at you, tech support] please tell me what I can do to fix this?
Update is supposed to help matters, not render the unit unuseable! This is extremely frustrating!
Hi kineylikes, thanks for writing in.
Just to clarify, are you having the same 1% sync failure that others have reported here? If so we're finding that they seem to be network related. While we're not sure of the exact cause, the work around for now is to try your sync on another network (a friend's wifi, 3G card, etc.). Once you connect up to another network, your sync should go through.
Sorry for the inconvenience at this time.
I'm also having the same issue.
Reinstalled the drivers, tried different networks. This is really frustrating. The product is good, but the support sucks. I think Jawbone needs to really look into this and do something it.
Any software / firmware update should be seamless and should work on all types of network. It's hard to find not secured networks.
Make it easy for your users to use your product.
Have alternative ways for your users to update the product, don't ask them to look for their own solutions.
Had exactly the same, tried 2 laptops (both XP and Win7) different networks and the whole shabang as listed by tech support on this issue. Finally managed to update by actually turning my phone (Samsung Galaxy s2) into a portable hotspot and go via there. Whatever it is, it is definitely network related. Hope this helps.
someone must have done something.
i'm now able to do update the software. whoever you are, thank you.
I didn't even have to look for another non-secure network lol!!
© 2013 Jawbone.