There have been two other reports of it, is there a solution or a Jawbone/Aliph employee who can help us?
Kind of upset I can't use a core feature I purchased the headset for. If I knew the support and features would be so flaky (seriously, it's a stupid idea IMHO to update hardware USB devices via a web browser...wrong tool for the wrong job!), I would have gone Plantronics and never looked back....
Other functions work, only caller id updates are throwing this error.
I always get answers from jawbone pretty fast too. If its faulty they fix it. Blueant was trouble when sending supportmails you need to register your bt headset first so i did and I never got answers from them. Q1 was so bad people never heard what i said and i had to yell for it to hear my commands (had v1 before which was good and clear in sound) After that experience i never go back to blueant. Well if i got it for free and it works i would reconsider that.
If something is new it will have bugs. even windows had lots of them. ubuntu too had it and probably mac too. Just wait till they address this problem and it will most probably work. If it takes 6 month well then you anger is correct.
Jawbone also listen to their customer to improve their product thats why i like them even more. Which sony ericsson never did they never addres their problems they have this pling plong after each call which will sound in your headset so if you raise volume that bling is really high to hurt your ear and nokia didnt fix so much until recently now they must otherwise they loose their market cause they are like desperate now.
Also something tells me you might have a faulty unit.. My first era updated and stopped at 51% gave me some error and said sometihng couldnt be updated or something and it died. My replacement works fine now. So maybe you should RMA it.
David here, a product manager from Jawbone. Sorry you had this issue. I'm happy to help get it resolved for you if you still need some help; sounds like something we can easily fix. Let me know via this thread and I'll get in touch.
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I just bought a Jawbone Era today and have the very same problem and was wondering if there will be a fix for this or if there is some kind of work-around?
All the best,
Richard in Sweden
Then an awful lot of new Jawbone ERA users will need RMAs. I'm having the same problem with a new unit I received two days ago. Based on the number of users with this identical issue on this forum, this appears to be a systemic problem, not a fluke.
This issue can happen for several different reasons, and there is not one solution that we can provide to resolve this for everyone.
Feel free to send me or JawboneDavid a private message, and we will be happy to set you up with a MyTalk tech to get this issue resolved!
We are happy to help!
I bought my ERA a few days ago and I am having the same issue. I have sent a pm to Emma, so hopefully she will contact me so that I can resolve this issue.
Well I knew as soon as I posted about this problem I would get it to work.
Apparently I had one caller ID entry that would not allow it to update. Out of seven entries I was able to update each one individually except one. I deleted the entry that would not update and reentered the information then voila...it updated!
I have no idea why that one entry would prevent the update from working, but all is well now.
© 2013 Jawbone.