NEW ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

NEW ERA
Jawbone Newbie
Scubadog

Windows Phone & Windows 8 version?

I've been a loyal user of the ERA since Windows Phone first came out, and my wife and I both now use the Lumia 1020.  I'm really disappointed that you still haven't come out with a Windows Phone version of the app.  The voice capabilities of Windows Phone 8 are excellent and are about to expand dramatically with the Cortana update in April.  Jawbone has such an advanced earset but hasn't kept up with Windows Phone.

Jawbone Newbie
IraBob

Re: Windows Phone & Windows 8 version?

Lumia 1520 user, also requesting same

GQ Jawbone Enthusiast
Jawbone Enthusiast
GQ

I just purchased my new Era yesterday, and love it.  I have a Lumia 1020 with WP8...... with Bluetooth 4.0!  PLEASE MAKE AN APP FOR WINDOWS PHONE 8!  I have had an Era since it first came out, and have always paired it with my Windows Phone's.  Is there any reason why an app hasn't been made for Windows Phones?  I think we're at a point where it would benefit to have one more than not.  just my .02 cents

Jawbone Member
DrTek

Leave your suggestion for a WP8 version on their Facebook page.

Jawbone Newbie
IraBob
0 Kudos

With all due respect, I think that's a lame suggestion for a couple reasons:

1.  The Jawbone folks say that this forum is a place where they will "pop in sometimes to help".  So even though they are apparently not here to answer questions and help on a regular basis, they DO see these comments.  Why would posting something on their Facebook page be any more a legitimate or visible avenue to get a suggestion to them?

2.  I may be in the vast minority, but I refuse to be sucked into the black hole that is Facebook.  I don't feel I should have to jump thru all the hoops, and leave myself open to all the intrusions, that Facebook provides.  If the best - or only - way to deal with a company is via Facebook, then I simply won't be a customer of theirs and will buy a competitor's product.  Facebook?  C'mon! Really?!

Jawbone Apprentice
wase4711
0 Kudos

I agree Facebook is a giant black hole, but, unfortunately, most companies, especial tech/electronic companies, monitor their Facebook/Twitter crap more than they do any other site or aspect of their companies..
Administrator
JawboneCaitlyn

Hey All,

We're always here, happy to pop in when needed or warranted or specifically requested.  Keep in mind we try to let the Community be the Community, and allow customers to have as much free dialogue with one another as possible, without moderators imposing.  

We definitely appreciate the request for the Jawbone app on Windows phones, and we've raised a hand about this to our developers.  

Please let us know any other suggestions.  Thank you for your participation on the Jawbone Community.  Please enjoy your headset!

JawboneCaitlyn 

Jawbone Newbie
IraBob
0 Kudos

Nice! Thank you Caitlyn!
Jawbone Newbie
Scubadog

Of course, mentioning it to developers isn't the same thing as a commitment to actually create the app.  Might I sugguest they talk to one of the most notable third-party developers for Windows Phone: Rudy Huyn.  He has created 6tag (the best Instagram app on ANY platform), 6snap (his Snapchat app), 6sec (his Vine app) and he has now been engaged by the owners of Tinder to developer THEIR app.

GQ Jawbone Enthusiast
Jawbone Enthusiast
GQ

Agree with Scubadog.  I don't know how hard it is to port over an app that is already created for iPhone or Android..... but Rudy Huyn is the man that gets it done.  I've seriously emailed support just about twice a week for a year to get a WP8 app and have never heard a response on any of my emails.  I greatly appreciate the response to this discussion, and I truly hope your dev team looks into this.