OLDER HEADSETS

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

OLDER HEADSETS
Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

Re: Original Jawbone won't pair with iPhone 4 (yet other devices will)

The iPhone and other "smart" phones don't generally need the Bluetooth pairing passkey of four zeros (0000).  Some phones need this passkey and others don't. 

Please note: if you're pairing with an iPhone and you get a message that says "Jawbone Not Paired" or "Headset Not Paired" please press on that message.  This will prompt the iPhone to continue with the pairing/connection. 

Jawbone Member
bikelikethewind
0 Kudos

Hi, i never got to the request for passkey...

It's an iPhone 4, and I do get the message "not paired" or "jawbone not paired"...

what do you mean "press on that message?" I don't understand what you are saying here...

the red and white flashing has gone on for several minutes and it has not paired during the several minutes. i've done this repeatedly.

thank you for your continuing help...

rebecca

Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

I mean you want to press on the screen of the iPhone.  The iPhone wants you to acknowledge the fact that the headset has been found but is not yet paired.

Press on the message "Jawbone Not Paired" the way you would press on the screen of your iPhone to open an application or an e-mail.

To receive direct assistance with pairing please give us a call at 1-800-JAWBONE.  Thanks!

Jawbone Member
bikelikethewind
0 Kudos

BINGO that was it! I had no idea!!!! I will post it to the message board... thank you!

Jawbone Member
bikelikethewind

Ok, to summarize, here are the steps I ended up following with my Jawbone Prime:

1) Start with jawbome fully charged but OFF.

2) Resart iPhone 4 (by holding down top and face button)

3) Open iPhone Settings > general > blue tooth> 

4) On Jawbone, hold down Noise Assassin and Talk buttons simultaneously, for approx 5 seconds until it starts flashing red and white.

5) turn on Iphone bluetooth.

6) it goes into pairing mode. When the iPhone 4 reads "Jawbone not found" or "device not paired", touch that message on the iphone (like you would open up an email or select something through the touch screen). That tells iPhone to keep going.

within seconds my iPhone 4 paired with Jawbone Prime (ear candy).

Thx!!!!

Jawbone Member
Mick001
0 Kudos

Hi, I bought the Jawbone Icon when I had an iPhone 3GS but now that I have the iPhone 4, the phone doesn't recognize the jawbone... I don't know how to use your advice since I have the jawbone Icon and not the other ones... Help me, please!

Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

Thanks for this post!

It may be best for you to contact us directly at 1-800-JAWBONE.

To pair your Jawbone ICON please start with the headset powered OFF.  Then, press and hold the TALK button while you power the Jawbone ON.  The LED light should begin to flash red/white/red/white, indicated the ICON is in pairing mode.

At this point you can have your iPhone search for a new device!

If you're still having trouble pairing please give us a call to speak with a representative.

Thanks again!

Jawbone Member
Mick001
0 Kudos

It work's! Awsome! Thank you :smileywink:

Jawbone Newbie
Sec41
0 Kudos

Having the same problem as the forum, Jawbone Prime paired with Pantech phone without issue. I got an iphone4 and the iphone doesn't "discover" the Prime. Tried to pair with my wife's iphone3 - same problem. the iphone3 doesn't "discover" it either. looking for help.

Jawbone Newbie
kmrzad
0 Kudos

Thank you!! This worked for me!