SUGGESTIONS

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

SUGGESTIONS
Jawbone Newbie
Brock2621
Accepted Solution

A few suggestions

[ Edited ]

Just got my UP band and am really enjoying it. I love the barcode scanner as that has really made it easy to log calories. The band is very light and comfortable and doesn't pull on my arm hair like I was expecting.

I have a small list of suggestions that I feel would very much add some welcome features and value to it.

1. Bluetooth - I know this one is obvious and I know the next version will probably have this. I assume the architecture, silicone/chip layout and molds were all still in place from the first and it would have cost a large chunk of change both financially and time wise to change\add. 

I really feel this is necessary though, because as the design currently stands, with no visual reference in relation to goal progress on the band itself, it feels very necessary to have quick access via phone in between meetings etc. without having to connect and sync. Again, this is a moot point as I am certain you all are well into initial design sketches and feature lists for v2.

2. Optional caloric intake and calories burned goals/trackng - I think plenty of people would love to be able to set goals for each of these and reference a graph or feel rewarded by a graph when they hit or miss those goals just like the sleep/steps.

3. Full Facebook/Path/Google+ integration - This one is actually surprising that it's missing because of the obviousness. Customers have come to expect deep social integration within products now and the ability to "brag" about hitting daily goals or publicly challenge friends (or teammates) to distance runs would be killer! I for one would be extremely motivated to outrun my friends if it was posted on Facebook/Path. Not only that, but its FREE advertising for you  every time someone posts about it. I would almost push this to the top of the list.

4. GPS running distance map tracking - It's a little boggling that the only use of location data currently that I see is to track where we eat, and not our workouts! Nike + posts I see from people on Path show intensity and maps out workouts for others to see. This again, feels obvious and would be valuable info both for the user as well as bragging/challenge info for social.

5. Web Portal data access - A perfect example of this is the Nest thermostat. Everything available in their app can be accessed through a super slick web portal. All HTML 5, and works like a charm. This could be synced with phone over network and then could update the band via Bluetooth. 

To wrap up, I really feel if these features were added that UP would truely be the most attractive option on the market, resulting in increased word of mouth and professional review brand recognition to help overcome the Nike brand behemoth. Im really looking forward to the future of the UP and it's been a wonderful introduction to the Jawbone brand as my first purchase into your eco system. Thanks again for standing behind your product and brand in the midst of last year's launch and coming back better and stronger.

All The Best,

Brock S.

Kentucky

*A moderator has edited the title of this post so that members of the community can find it more easily.

Jawbone Ace
Thor

Re: A few suggestions that would very much be welcomed...

Completely agree with you on all your points,especially the blutooth as we dont get any info on screen untill we plug in our band. about the gps there is no gps chip in the band itself and inclusion of it in the future might increase the cost of the band. A workaround is to make the app itself to track your running/cycling route as the iphone already comes with a gps. Something like the Nike + app (which is also free) which you can run the background and that works in conjunction with the band to provide info that the band calculates and the route.Also an altimenter in future generations of the up band would help as you can measure steps climbed or caloric burn while going on slope etc.Also the social network integration and web portal is a must.I would like to add a few suggestions too.

1) Please add the ability to track weight on a weekly basis. And the app should recoment caloric intake fo a day based on your current weight and where you want to be.

2) A comparision graph of tour average weekly stats.

3) A like button that you can use on your friends food options/comment/mood etc.

4)Ability to add your own ingredients and store the group of ingredients as a custom meal, with a custom name and ability to add a custom photograph. Also many of the food options available by scanning have just a pic of a dinner plate, so ability to add your own pics to that.

5)Earning badges for schievements and motivation.

6) Ability to chat/personal message teammates.

7) Ability to set reminders for supplements with a popup notification of supplements to take at the set time along with a vive from the band.

8) Seperate meter for water intake and ability to input your daily goal for drinking water.

8) You guys need to add a bracelet clip in future generations of the band. The band comes off easy and gets loose and comes out during sleep. I know a few other teammates and the same thing happens to them.

There will be many more suggestions and all this will seem overwhelming but we want to help make a good product even better, so more suggestions are welcome and I hope the people incharge of developing the UP have a look at this.

Jawbone Newbie
Brock2621
0 Kudos

Yes! Achievements and badges would be AWESOME!
Mel Jawbone Enthusiast
Jawbone Enthusiast
Mel
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Brock, calorie goal, burned and net is essential to achieving the weight loss I'm working towards. It would be nice if the app would track/display that for us.
A web tool as an adjunct to the iPhone app would be great as well, but not essential.
Bluetooth would be nice, but definitely NOT at the expense of the great battery life. Not having to recharge for a week is worth plugging the band in to sync, in my opinion.
Jawbone Nerd
adammiarka
0 Kudos

All good suggestions.   GPS would be a battery killer though.   There is no way to have that kind of functionality in such a small package as the Up band without killing your battery in a few hours.

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 490
Solutions: 410

Hi Everyone!

We really appreciate all of the time you have taken to share these ideas with us. Definitely passing this along to the team!

JawboneAlex
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Nerd
Xicaque
0 Kudos

I will also back up these suggestions. Don't really care on the bluetooth unless you guys at Jawbone come up with something as good as your product.
Thanks.
Rob
Jawbone Newbie
bjenks

You can set a goal and track your sleep and steps but you can not track your weight and calorie goals? This would be a great addition!

Jawbone Nerd
Xicaque
0 Kudos

Capability to link up all your data to the web instead of keeping it all in the iphone. This way, you can review your progress. The iPhone screen still is small. Let me view my data on my 27" iMac pls.

Rob
Jawbone Member
Klaproos

Hey guys, I agree with most of the above suggested additions (especially water intake, calorie and weight tracking). I would also very much appreciate the possibility to log my heated yoga class (like Bikram yoga) and the cycling I do. It feels a bit discouraging that my band thinks I am not moving while I am working my ass off in a heated yoga room or riding my bike.

Otherwise, I love Up! Thanks for considering the improvements, I hope part of them will come in a 2.0 version of the app so we can use them with our current bands.

Ciao! Rosalie