SUGGESTIONS

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

SUGGESTIONS
Jawbone Enthusiast
Momof4
Accepted Solution

Free shipping for replacement caps!

So after just wearing my new UP band for 9 days the cap fell off today and is lost. I've put in a request for my one free replacement cap and considered buying the 3-pack replacement caps for $9. But then I saw that shipping is an additional $4.95, which makes each replacement cap $5.

That the band was designed with a poor cap is annoying; that users have to pay for caps beyond the first replacement is annoying more so; that we also have to pay $4.95 — a 50% shipping rate — for items that weigh a mere few ounces is outrageous.  

Seems my $130 UP band is actually going to cost at least $145, and that's if I don't lose more than 4 caps during the life of the band. 

Jawbone Enthusiast
Momof4
0 Kudos

Re: Free shipping for replacement caps!

[ Edited ]

It took 12 days to receive the free replacement cap (3 days for request to process, then 9 days to ship), which is ridiculous. I received the cap on January 23 and guess what, it's lost again. As usual, I wasn't doing anything strenuous or weird, just going about my day. I didn't know it fell off until I looked down at my wrist mid-day.

I am disinclined to buy replacement caps knowing they won't likely stay on, and honestly I don't feel I should have to buy them given the considerable design flaw. They should be provided for free. Better yet, they should have been designed to STAY ON (perhaps screwing on would have been an easy design?).

As much as I love the band, it's more poorly made than it should be for $130. The vibration stopped working a month after I bought it and the caps keep getting lost. What's next?

Jawbone Newbie
JimOz6
0 Kudos

So 12 days later i received my one free replacement cap. Agree with others a stupid long time. I am willing to buy more, but Jawbone should at least offer a ten-pack. Then 4.95 shipping would be less unreasonable.

Bottom line though, the plastic in the cap wears. Is firm for a couple of weeks. Then spins turning the silver part upside down. Then one day it just vanishes. Jawbone should send ten packs annually to every registered customer. The design is flawed.
Jawbone Newbie
pmichalski
0 Kudos

Jawbone has shown how much they value customer feedback--the shipping for a 3-pack is now $9.95, bring the total to approx $20 for 3 caps.  I have lost two so far.  I am inclined to retire my UP band and stop recommending it to people.  This is absurd.