FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

SUGGESTIONS
Jawbone Member
auino
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nickel free Jawbone UP

Hello,

I suggest a Nickel free Jawbon UP as a feature for the next version of the bracelet, for allergic people.

Greetings

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 479
Solutions: 413

Re: Nickel free Jawbone UP

Great point! I'll make sure that our team is aware of this issue for some of our users. Thank you.
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Newbie
sonham
0 Kudos

Yes, please do. I am also havening problems with the Nickel parts in it :-(

Jawbone Newbie
Vildehilde
0 Kudos

As a short time, not good enough solution, you can cover it with nailpolish.  If you are very allergic I would use a colored one, so you can see if it wears down/of.

Jawbone Member
pottedmeat
0 Kudos

I have a nickel allergy and have had no issues, just keep the metal facing outwards, surely?
Jawbone Member
auino
0 Kudos

My girlfriend (which is nickel allergic) tried using my UP for a night (metal outward) and the allergy came out anyway...

Covering the bracelet is a temporary fix: I hope in a future version for allergic people...

Jawbone Newbie
cmyk22
0 Kudos

After a week or so I noticed a rash on my inner wrist after using the bracelet. I've come to the realization that it is an allergic reaction (severe) to the nickel parts. I wrapped the cap in electrical tape but now even the button has created raw sores on my wrists. Its very uncomfortable and unfortunate as i am an avid Up user. Please find a solution soon.
Jawbone Newbie
mandi6006
0 Kudos

Hi! Just wondering if this problem has been resolved? I am allergic to nickel but would like to use this product. I'd be willing to pay for a nickel-free cap.

Thanks!

Jawbone Newbie
mlbinnie
0 Kudos

Re: Nickel free - Ready to give up my up band

I would really LOVE a nickel free band or even just the cover! I have used my bracelet on and off for over a year and I am now to the point where I am looking into trying one of the other bands because I cannot find anything that works. I have tried the nailpolish, but it just comes right off. I have tried tape, etc. Nothing seems to work, and the more you remove the cover to sync the band, the looser it gets and then starts to spin on my wrist so I cannot keep it facing out anymore. Can you please, please make a cover for the sync port that does not have metal on it? I would buy them in a heartbeat so I don't have give up my up band.

Thanks!