TROUBLESHOOTING UP
Jawbone Member
godsang
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Band Charging Lights

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I just got an UP band and have been using it for about 2 weeks.  I fully charged it the day I got it.  After using it for about 2 weeks, the battery was almost dead so I plugged it into the USB cable and then into my computer.  The indicator showed a red star.  After 5 hours, the indicator still only showed a star that was half red and half green.  I tried plugging the UP band into my i Phone just to see what would happen.  The i Phone said the UP was fully charged.  Why doesn't the green star show when plugged into the USB cable?

*A moderator has edited the title of this post so that members of the community can find it more easily.

Jawbone Nerd
JohnnyS
0 Kudos

Re: Up battery charge indicator is not working properly

[ Edited ]

Sounds like it was displaying the charging and fully charged indicator at the same time. Did you try charging it again to see if the indicator only showed the green?

Also, the sun will blink multicolor if the time is lost. (syncing it fixes this)

Jawbone Nerd
pxls2prnt
0 Kudos

The first time I charged my UP I was also confused by the indicator lights. While charging, there will be a pulsating red light. Once it's fully charged, it will light up solid white. However, I found it quite hard to distinguish between red and white when the light was shining through the black rubber of the band itself. In fact, the white kind of looks like a mix between red and green. I'd say if the red is no longer pulsating, it's likely charged.

Jawbone Member
godsang
0 Kudos

I'll wait until it runs out of battery.  Then I'll charge it again and see how that goes.  I sync it every day and that goes well.  No problems there. 

Jawbone Member
joyhrnr
0 Kudos

None of these solve the problem. My up went completely dead after only three days ( and I completely charged it when I got, as it was dead) I let it charge for two hours only 30%. I got home to charge on my computer synced it first and it said 0% when plugging into the computer the light was white, which would mean full charge, I've tried resyncing many times and eve time the battery level is from 0%- 23% can anyone help me?

Jawbone Ace
soldierguy77

I would have to say to try a soft reset and hard reset: Soft Reset
If your UP band’s button, lights, or vibrations are not working properly, or your band won’t charge, you can perform a Soft Reset to reboot the processor in the band, without erasing your user data.

Follow these steps:

Plug your USB cable into a working/powered USB port.
Press and hold the button on your band.
Continue pressing the button while you plug the band into the USB cable.
When the band’s lights flash yellow and red, release the button.
Sync your band with the app.
Hard Reset
To erase all user data currently stored on your band and return the band to its original factory settings, perform a Hard Reset. A Hard Reset may also help fix any band performance issues that a soft reset is not able to fix.

Follow these steps:

Make sure your band is charged.
Press the button on your band 10 times.
On the 10th press, hold the button for 10 seconds until the red sun lights up.
Sync your band as you did upon first use.
and if that does't work I would get ahold of a customer service rep. Hope this helps.
Jawbone Member
joyhrnr
0 Kudos

It no dies the second it's uplugged from the USB so it is impossible to do a reset and customer service wont answer my e-mails

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 509
Solutions: 410
0 Kudos

joyhrnr,

It looks like you have been in contact with our Support Team. They will take care of you :smileyhappy:

JawboneAlex
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Enthusiast
jkdem85
0 Kudos

same thing happened to me, return the device where you bought it. Up support will make you get serial # which is impossible without the band turning on, then they will make you send the band back before they send you a new one, just go back to the physical store and return it.

Jawbone Member
godsang
0 Kudos

I'm the original poster.  I finally ran out of battery again, so I charged the UP on a different computer's USB port.  I had the same issue.  The battery indicator glows half red and half green on the star indicator.  When I synched the wristband with my phone, it showed that it was fully charged.  I think I can believe that the charge is full, because it lasted about 10 days last time.  I suppose I will just go on using it, although it's strange that the indicator doesn't glow green when it's fully charged.  Strange...