TROUBLESHOOTING UP

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

TROUBLESHOOTING UP
Jawbone Newbie
jsummers08
Accepted Solution

Factory Reset Jawbone Up

I received a Jawbone UP that my sister used previously.  When I synced the band with my phone the information from her using it was downloaded onto my phone.  How do I factory reset the band or at least delete the physical activity (steps) from my phone?  I was able to delete the sleep, but not the activity from within the app.

Jawbone Newbie
akurtz

Re: Factory Reset Jawbone Up

I'd also like to know how to delete old activity.
Jawbone Member
tlaugh

It sounds like this will accomplish your goal.

Hard Reset
To erase all user data currently stored on your band and return the band to its original factory settings, perform a Hard Reset. A Hard Reset may also help fix any band performance issues that a soft reset is not able to fix.

Follow these steps:

Make sure your band is charged.
Press the button on your band 10 times.
On the 10th press, hold the button for 10 seconds until the red sun lights up.
Sync your band as you did upon first use.
Jawbone Member
Zaphron

What should I do if this doesn't work? My husband had the band floating around in his briefcase back in January and I just took it over today. Trying to reset all the data that it logged while accidentally on in his briefcase…LOL
Jawbone Enthusiast
nguyen_quang

Does the ten press thing work to just reset the band without impacting the historical data?  I'm assuming everything currently in the App is a function of your web service and that the resetting the band from the app clears EVERYTHING - band data + server data - while the ten push reset clears/resets the band only.

Can someone confirm?  Thanks...

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 486
Solutions: 411

[ Edited ]

nguyen_quang,

Doing a hard reset on your band, and doing a reset in the app will accomplish the same thing; the data on your band will be erased. In no circumstance with the stored data in the app be affected.

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Enthusiast
nguyen_quang

Thank you.
Jawbone Member
melinda

My band stopped working after 2 weeks of awesome use.  When it is plugged in to the USB I get a solid red light. When I take it off the USB I get no response.  Also, my app on my phone tries to detect it then nothing happens.  I tried a hard reset, soft reset, nothing happens. 

Jawbone Newbie
cabinfever40684

I am having the same problem. Solid red light when plugged in for charging which doesnt change even after 24 hours of charging.  When uplugged from the charger it stays the same.  The soft reset didnt work nor did the hard reset.  Have you solved your problem and if so what was the fix?

Thank you

Jawbone Member
DerinH

I am having the same problem as Melinda and cabinfever. Solid red light when plugged in for charging, even after 24 hours of charging. When uplugged from the charger it stays the same. The soft reset didnt work nor did the hard reset. When this first started it was vibrating constantly for about 2 minutes (steady, not pulsing) and then stopped.

Help! This thing is suddenly a brick, and I've only had it a month!