TROUBLESHOOTING UP

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

TROUBLESHOOTING UP
Jawbone Member
amboyreb
0 Kudos

Sleep and step data not showing up after sync

I've had my Up band since Christmas and has worked perfectly fine. The other day I noticed that when I sync the band with my phone, none of the data shows up on the app. I've tried re-setting the band, uninstall and reinstalling the app, checking music volume, etc. When I sync the band, it appears to go through correctly all the way to 100%, but then no data appears.

Jawbone Member
Stayinalive
0 Kudos

Re: Sleep and step data not showing up after sync

I also have the same problem, all of a sudden after 3 months the band completes a sync but no data shows up.  Did you ever get a response?

Jawbone Member
MementoMori
0 Kudos

Re: Sleep and step data n

Same problem, bought mine yesterday and was working fine. I sync'd up a few times that day and was working fine. went to bed & put it into sleep mode, woke up & sync'd fine.

2 hours later plugged UP in again to sync up a few hours worth of walking & NOTHING...

the scroll bar would go up to 100% & say it sync'd OK but no data would show.

I soft-reset the UP several times, - didn't work

I uninstalled the APP and sync'd - went to 100% - still no data.

plugged in UP 1 last time before going to take it back for a refund & the data appeared, although missing 5 hours worth of data from the time I woke up till I got the **bleep** thing working again. 

The UP seems to have **bleep** itself...

So far I am not that impressed, there seems to be a lot of issues with this UP.

I better not regret this purchase!

Jawbone Enthusiast
chasmm
0 Kudos

I had a similar issue with my band that led to a replacement.

When I plugged it in, it would begin to sync, and go through 1%, 2%, 4%, 6% and then immediately to 100%. However none of the data would be uploaded.

A soft reset resolved this the first time it happened. The second time the soft reset didn't work, nor did a hard reset. I had to uninstall and re-install the app on my GS3.

The next time the sync issue happened none of the trouble shooting step would resolve, so I requested a replacement.
Jawbone Enthusiast
Vejbymats
0 Kudos

My band is acting the same way:

"When I plugged it in, it would begin to sync, and go through 1%, 2%, 4%, 6% and then immediately to 100%."

However I get sync on daytime activity, but last 2 nights dont show up after sync.

I often (about every 3-4 nights) have to restart my phone SG3 to get nights to sync (usually works) but one time I had to make a soft reset. Soft reset helped that time when restart of phone didnt.

Strange is that I have never had any issues with sync of daytime steps, only sleep now and then.

Jawbone Member
Dasher
0 Kudos

Re: Sleep and step data not showing up after

Did you ever get a reply to this? I'm experiencing the same issue. I've written to jawbone but all I get is "your email has been recieved we will write back in 2 days" but this has taken weeks. Not much customer service. I've also experience the same thing with sleep and activities, or see my sleep/activities getting synced only for it not to show up on my profile.

Administrator
JawboneCaitlyn
0 Kudos

Very sorry for the delay, Dasher!  We are absolutely committed to responding to all inquiries submitted to Jawbone Support.  If you haven't heard back from our team then something has gone wrong.  I'll make sure we get a ticket opened for you to resolve this issue!

Thanks so much for posting.  Looking forward to getting your UP back on track.

Jawbone Newbie
Franico
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having exactly the same problems as all of the contributors on this topic. I have tried everything and it doesn't work. Asking for a replacement seems to be the only "temporary" solution.

All innovation needs time to be perfected but it is 125 USD guys and you are obviously having lots of issues. I am feeling like a guinea pig here; You Jawbone guys getting better at what you do shouldn't be at your customer's expense.

Thanks

Jawbone Member
riverwife
0 Kudos

I am having a issue with my sleep not syncing.   For the past few nights it hasnt registered and i know for a fact, without doubt, that i have it on sleep mode.  I have re-downloaded the ap, put it in sleep mode and laid band on table for a while only to sync it with no sleep registering.   Any ideas?

God Bless
Jawbone Member
ptakja
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My band just started doing this same thing today after about 4 months of flawless operation. Soft reset of the band doesn't appear to have resolved it.

After sync, the data shows up in the summary page. It shows steps so far for today, my sleep from last night, etc... But, like for sleep, I can tap that and it shows me the sleep data for last night. Now it isn't doing that. When I tap the Done button, the page goes away, but the data doesn't show up in the app.

Also, of note, is I just updated my iPhone 5 to the latest iOS (7.0.3) yesterday afternoon. Interestingly though, my sync last night worked fine capturing my workout data. This must be an issue with the app because the band appears to be collecting and storing the data.

How do I fix this Jawbone?