TROUBLESHOOTING UP

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

TROUBLESHOOTING UP
Jawbone Newbie
Maria
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Un-merging UP accounts or deleting accounts

I am now using my husbands band and when we went to set up my account, his data was uploaded onto my phone.  I opened a new account with another email and had erased all the data on the wristband.  Since this, I got an email to merge the accounts and I did...bad mistake.  Now all of his history data is on my app.  How do I un-merge or delete multiple accounts?

Jawbone Member
UP-1-user
0 Kudos

Re: Un-merging UP accounts or deleting accounts

Hi I have the same problem, merged 2 accounts and all is gone 1 year of info! Worst part is that I receive a nice response from Support: 

I looked into the matter and it does not appear to be a way to retrieve your data now that the account has been merged into the new email.

I am so sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Thank you again, 

I hope that you have nice afternoon.

I`M NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!

when that merge button appears it should state you are not merging but erasing your 2 accounts!!!!

I need all my info back! please Jawbone do something!

Jawbone Member
UP-1-user
0 Kudos

Chated with Chris this morning asking if the information could be recovered at some point and he said: "We are working on a fix for this, but we do not have one quite yet"

ES
Jawbone Newbie
ES
0 Kudos

Hi, I find it hard to believe a user cannot delete his/her account (or at least request Jawbone to do it on their behalf).

Given the amount of personal data your company collects for each user, there is a HUGE privacy implication.

By not having the option for a user to delete his/her data on your servers, you are effectively precluding users the right to their privacy.  Even Facebook enables users to delete their data.

Please let us know asap when this functionality is enabled.  Thank you.

Jawbone Member
UP-1-user
0 Kudos

Is anyone looking into this? With the update got worst!!!! Now all data was deleted from my iphone!!!
Jawbone Member
kuldeep
0 Kudos

Jawbone should provide a option to delete one's account. The option that support is giving me is to make my data private so that no one on my team can see it, that is not what I want.

I want to get rid of my data from Jawbone.com completely. I don't know why you want our data on your servers when we are not interested in your product. Isn't this against the user's privacy?

Jawbone Member
UP-1-user
0 Kudos

@kuldeep 

To delete information just create an alternate account with nothing on it and then merge both and voila all data is gone! Or at least that is what happen to my accounts on December, I got 1 year of data deleted and had to start from scratch... Not funny. 

Jawbone Ace
editorgrrl
0 Kudos

Re: deleting UP account

[ Edited ]

ES wrote:

I find it hard to believe a user cannot delete his/her account (or at least request Jawbone to do it on their behalf).

Go to your account, click on settings, then the accounts tab. (Or just click here: https://jawbone.com/user/settings#!accounts.) Scroll all the way down and click the “REQUEST DATA REMOVAL” button.