TROUBLESHOOTING UP

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

TROUBLESHOOTING UP
Jawbone Member
paynemaine
0 Kudos

Re: Up Band Will Not Turn

Mine is doing exactly the same - had it 14 days today.

Have tried both the soft and hard resets, unistalled and reinstalled the App and rebooted iphone.  Is there anything I've missed that I can try?

Really fed up.

Jawbone Newbie
1FastSUV
0 Kudos

Re: Up Band Will Not Turn On

I find it interesting that this thread was started on 4/29 and there's not one solution, or even a response from the company.   Are we supposed to return them?  Is there a fix? 

Jawbone Ace
editorgrrl
0 Kudos

Re: replacement bands

The only fix is to contact Jawbone support, then wait a really long time for them to get back to you.

According to this post, the delay is not because so many people are requesting replacements for unresponsive bands. It’s due to overwhelming demand for the new orange band.

jad
Jawbone Newbie
jad
0 Kudos

Re: Up Band Will Not Turn

I now have the same problem!
Jawbone Newbie
CoachRobin
0 Kudos

Hello,

I seem to be having the same problem.  What shall I do?  My UP band won't turn on, doesn't seem to be charging and I'm super disappointed in it.  I've tried the hard and soft resets of which neither one worked.  Please advise.  I'd love to get it back up and running as soon as possible.  

Thanks,

Robin

Jawbone Member
fireman1338
0 Kudos

My band is having the exact same issue.  I contacted support and they were actually very prompt in getting back to me.  However, after exchanging messages back and forth, there solution was for me to get rid of mine and buy a brand new one.  Apparently they will not replace a 1st generation UP band and suggest I just buy a 2nd gen.  Granted, I have had mine for 18 months and the warranty is only 12 months...but come one.  When the band just up and quits working the solution should not be to trash it and buy a new one.  For $129.00 I would expect my UP band to last longer than this.  I did not use my band very much initially and have really probably only had 6 solid months of use out of it...why will jawbone not offer to replace what is obviously a defective product???

Jawbone Newbie
ead17
0 Kudos

I am on my 4th replacment band in a year. Don't get too attached to it and I hope where ever you purchased it you bought the extended warranty!:

Jawbone Newbie
J79brown
0 Kudos

UP is no longer working

I think I've had my band for about 5 months now and just yesterday I felt it randomly vibrate. I know I didn't push any buttons and I had just charged it so I knew something wasn't right. Nothing works when I push the buttons. I have tried both the soft and hard reboot. It does charge, but not everytime. 

What can I do? Am I eligiable to have it serviced?

I'd like to continue living UP!

Thank you

Jawbone Newbie
mont8590
0 Kudos

Very disappointed. My band was a graduation gift and is not working. It charges but will not turn on. Is there a fix for this? Tried the reset, but no luck. Is this a common problem with the band? 

Jawbone Enthusiast
crossi

I suggest doing a soft reset, hard reset, shutting down phone completely, shutting down app completely, and if all else fails, call/email customer service ASAP.  The sooner you get a hold of customer service, the faster you can get your replacement.  Just keep doing that when your band stops working until the warranty expires or until you get fed up with the process.  

I have heard time and time again that you don't hear about the people who are happy with UP b/c they don't complain on these forums.  I believe most of us are happy with our bands for the few months that they work (my band's lifespan has been 2-3 months)!  I am actually curious to see how many folks have not had any replacement at all within a year of the initial purchase.  Very curious.  I count my husband as one of the lucky ones, as he had only ONE replacement since he bought his band a year ago...(though the button of his second band has long since fallen off, but it's still working).  I still think it's crazy that so many people in these forums have had to replace their bands more than once, much less 3 or 4 times within a year like I've seen so frequently in these forums. 

Drives me bonkers, since I love my UP when it's working!