FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

TROUBLESHOOTING UP
Jawbone Enthusiast
Djou
0 Kudos

Up band not sync with iPhone anymore

[ Edited ]

Hi all.

I'm dealing with a strange synchronization issue that appears progressively. My Up band (approx. 2 months old) was fine at the beginning but sometimes, it wasn't recognized when connected to my iPhone 5. The problem has become increasingly common and, to date, I have to exert a pressure (quite strong) and keep it like that to reach the sync. Sometimes it doesn't work at all even when I hold firmly the band. It becomes extremely annoying for me and I'm even not to wear my band anymore to avoid the dreaded synchronization time.

That's not why I bought my band. I wanted it to be a pleasure and a everyday coach. I actually made some improvement since I have it and I don't want to be stopped. So I ask you : Has someone the same problem as mine ? Is it a good reason to launch an exchange process ?

Thanks for your answers guys :smileyhappy:

Jawbone Apprentice
patruns
0 Kudos

Re: Up band not sync with iPhone anymore

"I have to exert a pressure (quite strong) and keep it like that to reach the sync"

This sounds more like an issue with your iPhone headphone jack than the band or app. How old is your phone and how often do you plug in and pull out headphones?
Jawbone Newbie
ptitpierre
0 Kudos

hello, I get the same problem with an Iphone4, no problem with my headphonejack. I did a hard reset but no more positive result. What can we do ??

thanks for answers

Jawbone Newbie
aaalay
0 Kudos

I had the same issue with my first band and even got a new phone to rule things out for the second band, but eventually both times I ended up calling the support line and they are sending me a third band. Super cool people and great support teams but I think all the bugs from the first gen did not get fixed.
Jawbone Enthusiast
Djou
0 Kudos

I almost never use my headphones on my iPhone. And when I do, everything works fine with it... I hope the support team will know where the problem is.
Jawbone Enthusiast
bjornlee
0 Kudos

I am beginnin to experience this 2 weeks into my UP. I use an iPhone 4S (iOS6.1.3).

The UP used to be detected immediately by the app on its first connection into the iPhone headphone jack. Lately (in past 3 days), i have noticed that it is increasingly getting erratic and i have to unplug/ replug 2-3 times with the headphone jack before the UP is detected by the app. I am hoping this won't get worse over time and indicate a progressive deterioration. 

Jawbone Newbie
Venusian
0 Kudos

Same thing has happened to my UP. It's not my iphone. BTW my husband is a software developer and a very good one. IT IS NOT THE PHONE! 

Jawbone Newbie
Happygirl
0 Kudos

I have the same issue. My band is about 2 months old and will not synch. I've tried suggestions below and they did not work. I synch everyday and have had no issues till yesterday. Not a "Happy Girl" today. Please help!!!
Jawbone Newbie
mgrothe
0 Kudos

HappyGirl this happened to me today for the first time. I did a soft reset on my band then plugged into my app and all is good. To do the soft reset have your adapter plugged into a usb port push the button and hold it in on the up band and plug into the jawbone charger hold it until you see a red/yellow display. Give it a few minutes then start your app up on the IPhone plug it in as normal and it should work like I said this helped me tonight. do a search on the soft reset procedure if what I said above doesn't make sense. Good Luck. L8trzzzzz
Jawbone Newbie
none
0 Kudos