TROUBLESHOOTING UP

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

TROUBLESHOOTING UP
Jawbone Member
iFrederik
0 Kudos

Up doesn't record walk or sleep data

My Jawbone up doesn't record sleep data last night. Also the walk data is less (6000 steps) like other days with the same activity. I just did a soft reset for the band, but it isn't a solution.

Is the brand broken, or is there another solution?

Jawbone Member
pbos
0 Kudos

No steps recorded after mile walk

My problem isn’t that the UP records my number of steps incorrectly, it is that it sometimes doesn’t record my steps at all. I take 4 walks a day and, for at least one each day, when I get home and sync, it show that I took zero steps - this is after a mile walk. It is set correctly because I'm not changing the settings all day (and I always check when this happens to make sure.) This isn't happening because I'm swinging or not swinging my arm - I'm doing essentially the same thing on each walk. And, again, it isn't that it is recording steps inaccurately - it isn't recording the steps at all - zero.

I've had the same thing happen with sleep mode, where it is clearly set to the correct mode but no sleep is recorded. This doesn't happen every time but is very frustrating because it makes it impossible for me to see progress or lack thereof.  

Jawbone Ace
soldierguy77
0 Kudos

Re: No steps recorded after mile walk

I would try these steps to try to fix your issue. Sounds like the band needs to be reset.
Soft Reset
If your UP band’s button, lights, or vibrations are not working properly, or your band won’t charge, you can perform a Soft Reset to reboot the processor in the band, without erasing your user data.

Follow these steps:

Plug your USB cable into a working/powered USB port.
Press and hold the button on your band.
Continue pressing the button while you plug the band into the USB cable.
When the band’s lights flash yellow and red, release the button.
Sync your band with the app.
Hard Reset
To erase all user data currently stored on your band and return the band to its original factory settings, perform a Hard Reset. A Hard Reset may also help fix any band performance issues that a soft reset is not able to fix.

Follow these steps:

Make sure your band is charged.
Press the button on your band 10 times.
On the 10th press, hold the button for 10 seconds until the red sun lights up.
Sync your band as you did upon first use.
I hope this helps.
Jawbone Member
pbos
0 Kudos

I tried the soft reset - did not get yellow. Only the pulsing red (same as when I am charging the band) and then, eventually, the solid red. Does that mean the soft reset didn't occur? Does that mean I have to do the hard reset and lose all data?

Jawbone Enthusiast
shel187
0 Kudos

I'm having similar issues - it's not tracking steps and a couple of nights didn't track sleep. And it was in the correct mode. I tried the soft reset but I didn't notice the yellow either so I'm not sure that the reset actually happened.

Anyone receive any solutions for these problems? thanks

Jawbone Ace
soldierguy77
0 Kudos

It might not turn yellow but when you are pressing the button while you plug it into the power source you have to keep holding the button until it changes colors
Jawbone Enthusiast
newtonfb
0 Kudos

sleep mode didnt record?

ive had the UP for a few days now and on 2 occasions when i go to sleep and put the UP in sleep mode i wake up and it didnt record anything. So i log the sleep manually and it just does "deep sleep" the whole time.

I thought that if you forgot to put the UP in sleep mode it would record it automatically?

And why after you put it in manually does it only do deep sleep? You think it would record your movements and whatnot while your sleeping and calculate the data during that time?

Jawbone Newbie
mephifan
0 Kudos

i have the same problem. sometimes it did not track my sleep or my walk. i have to erase the data to make it work. but the problem happens again and again. i have just done the hard set. to see weather it works..
Jawbone Newbie
Gregjlamb
0 Kudos

I had this happen to me today.....the first day I've used my Up. Is this going to be an ongoing occurrence?
Jawbone Enthusiast
PWNYBeads
0 Kudos

For me, a soft reset is easier when the band itself is plugged into the USB cable already.  Plug it into the USB cable, but do NOT plug the cable into your computer or wall adapter yet.  As you hold down the button on your band, plug the other end of the USB cable into your computer or wall adapter.  You'll have to hold it in for several seconds before you'll see the lights on the band change colors (usually red, green, blue, etc) fairly rapidly.  Then release the button.  Leave it plugged in to finish charging up (just for convenience's sake), then take it out, cap it up, and stick it back on.  If the problem happens again, follow the instructions for the hard reset.  Again, for me this is much easier to do when the band is already plugged into the USB cable, but the cable is not yet plugged into the powered USB port or the wall adapter.  Given the construction of the band, I find it a bit tricky to hold down the button, hold the end of the cable with the plug for the band, and plug the band into the cable, all at once.  Holding down the button (or pressing it repeatedly, in the case of the hard reset) while using the other hand to put the USB end of the cable into a port is much easier for me. :smileyhappy: