TROUBLESHOOTING UP24

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

TROUBLESHOOTING UP24
Jawbone Newbie
mw777rcc
0 Kudos

Does the location ever give false positives?

I have misplaced my UP24. I thought I lost it while I was out but it says that it was last seen at my home and it also reset the last time that it was seen a couple of times to "just now."  Is this 100% accurate or is it possible that it is giving me a false positive.  I have looked all over and tried to sync from all over and it can't sync but if I close the app and open it again then the last time seen shows up as just now.  Any ideas?

Up Jawbone Member
Jawbone Member
Up
0 Kudos

Re: Does the location ever give false positiv

The location is based on when the Up last synced so it's not false positive per say more a snap of when it was last seen by your phone/ app.

Jawbone Enthusiast
caross
0 Kudos

Lost Up24

I seem to have lost my band.  I have no idea how it fell off my arm, but it did. Perhaps when I was putting on a jacket with tight cuffs?  Who know.

The thing is, the "locate" option gives me a map where I am.  I SWEAR it is not on my arm... but the location system seems to tell me it is.

I have my phone, just not the band.  What is it showing me in that screen?

Jawbone Enthusiast
caross
0 Kudos

Re: Lost Up24

Ok, so based on about 2hrs of testing "Locate Band" appears to tell you where the phone is you are currently using to "Locate Band", and has nothing to do with the band at all.

Jawbone Nerd
edolak
0 Kudos

Good day Caross,

are you sure about your 2nd post? Theoretically speaking, it should show you when last time your phone contacted/sync with the band. If you see your current location the band sould be close to you. try to see if bluetooth device list shows "connected" to your up, if it is, this means that your band is very close to you... 

Good luck.

Jawbone Member
Pr1c3rA
0 Kudos

There is no guarantee that the last place you synced your Jawbone UP24 is the place where you lost it.  This feature is utterly worthless to the point of embarrassment.

Jawbone Enthusiast
caross
0 Kudos

100,000,001% sure.

Any of you with the latest iOS App and an Up24, please feel to test along side of me.

Follow these simple steps.

1)  Place your Up24 on the kitchen counter.

2)  Sync your Up24 with your iOS device.

3)  Verify that your Up24 shows up in the "Locate Band" location that matches its physical location.

4)  Go someplace.  Preferably greater than a mile away.  Perhaps on your favorite walking spot.  Perhaps to 7-11, or work.  It matters not.  As long as you are not in the same location as your Up24 band.

5)  "Locate Band".

6)  Verify that it shows your Up24 band in the same spot you are currently standing in... not in the location you left your Up24 band - you kitchen.

Seriously, the "Locate Band" identifies the location of the phone when you click the button - it has nothing to do with the band.

I find this to be very misleading.  

I refer you to the "Tech Specs" from the Jawbone website - there is no GPS locator chip in the band at all, and therefore there is no way the band could know where it is... ever.

Buy_UP24___Activity_Tracker_with_Bluetooth_Sync___Live_Better.png

I would like a formal recponse from Jawbone on this one, as you are currently mis-representing the product in the App saying that it can be located... it cannot.

Jawbone Enthusiast
caross
0 Kudos

Absolutely correct. This is a usless, misleading feature.

Pr1c3rA wrote:

There is no guarantee that the last place you synced your Jawbone UP24 is the place where you lost it.  This feature is utterly worthless to the point of embarrassment.

Administrator
JawboneJustin
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

Thanks for raising this. It appears (as you've noticed) that the Find My Band feature is not working as intended right now. Our developers are working on a fix and we'll keep you UP24dated.

The way that Find My Band is intended to work is to show the location that the band last synced with the app.

Jawbone Newbie
gigemlee
0 Kudos

I had the same problem.  Getting off an airplane last week, I noticed the UP24 wasn't on my wrist when I got to the car.  Used the app to find it, so I figured it must be in my bag.  If I hadn't been mislead, I would have gone back to the airport to look for it.  Now, my band is gone.  This feature is VERY misleading, and I believe caused me to lose my brand new band.