TROUBLESHOOTING UP24

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

TROUBLESHOOTING UP24
Jawbone Newbie
JBFrustrated
0 Kudos

UP24 Battery Issues: Flashes twice and vibrates twice?

[ Edited ]

I have had my UP24 since November of 2013 and it has performed flawlessly... till now. I let the battery completely drain on accident and now when I plug it into my computer or wall socket it will light up but I get two flashes and two quick vibrates. It is not recognized and the app states that it cannot find my band??? I have both tried a soft and hard reset without success... I have also uninstalled the app and re-installed the app as well as my ipad mini retina that it is linked with... HELP!!!

The title of the topic is edited by an administrator for ease of searching.

Jawbone Member
jskelton
0 Kudos

Re: Up24 Flashes twice and vibrates twice???

I had the exact same problem with one right out of the box.  After working with support for days with no resolution I finally had to take it back to the store and swap it.  Best I could get out of them it was a battery issue.  They offered a warranty exchange but when I told them I wanted to do that I never heard from them again.

Jawbone Member
GiGi4424
0 Kudos

I just recently had the same problem!!  Exactly.  And when it was not charging if I hit the button all it did was blink and vibrate twice.  I tried a set and hard reboot with no luck.  I put in a trouble ticket with Jawbone.  After conversing with a couple techs they finally decided to send me a new band with a prepaid envelop for the old one.  I had only had mine since late Dec/early Jan.  I didn't let my battery drain.  I have no clue what happened.  It was all the sudden.

Jawbone Member
s0w4
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem from yesterday. After several soft and hard resets with plugging to charge it stopped blinking twice and started charging from zero. After 100% charging it became like it should but after about a hour problem returned. Then I made the same dance with hard resets to make it fading while plugged in usb. Let it to charge for 3 hours and then took it to the 1 hour walk - steps were counted and synced. But at home problem returned again. Resynced it again with my iPhone without recharching and it told that battery is 94%, so I think that it's a kind of software/firmware bug.

Anybody from the developers team, please, tell what these double blinks and vibrates mean?

Administrator
JawboneAndrew
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

If you are experiencing issues with the light flashing twice and the motor vibrating twice, please try a hard reset. This reset will erase your current band data (all of your previously synced data is safe in the cloud).

To hard reset your band, please follow these steps:

1. Press the button on your band 10 times. Try to pace the presses at about about one press every second.

2. On the 10th press, PRESS + HOLD the button for 15 FULL SECONDS, or until the sun status light appears. Once you see the light, let go of the button.

3. Launch the UP app. The band should sync automatically with the app. If the band does not sync automatically, press the button to trigger a sync.

Jawbone Member
Mmckamey
0 Kudos

Exact same thing happened to me on March 7. It was my first replacement band that I received on December 20. The first band had battery drain issues for first week and a half before warranty replacement arrived.
Two blinks and two vibrates here. No charging status light and no longer syncs to app.
I'm currently awaiting another replacement band.
Jawbone Member
rudigersup
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Two blinks and 2 quick vibrations and then nothing. Battery drains fast. I paired them, reset them hard and soft for several times nothing changes. It gies good for a couple of minutes to hours and then no connection and up24 starts flashing twice and vibrates twice. 

Jawbone Newbie
Kharma
0 Kudos

i have the up 24 released in end of dec/jan , been working perfectly so far. I trully like this product.

I woke up 2 days ago , the wristband was not responsive, i tried to sync it to the iphone 5 unsuccesfuly , i assumed the battery have ran out [knowing i havent reached the 7th day], so i put it on the charger the light bounce back and forth between sun and moon then vibrates afterwards it goes dead, i didnt read much into it left it to charge came back after 80 min, the band was still unresponsive and failing to sync, i sent support an email from the application still no response till date i assume they are facing loads of emails, i tried to soft rest as instructed on the application and the webpage still no luck ,the same thing happens ( the lignt bounce from the sun to the moon blinking 4 times back and forth ,vibrates then nothing happens it dies . i've been reading online and on several forums that most people are reporting issues with battery life, ( mine is not syncing at all nor charging hence i cant tell if its battery or just a dead device ) anyone else having the same issue? did anyone figured out a solution?  cause this is really frustrating 

Jawbone Member
Mmckamey

Seems replacement is the only solution. And I think there are lots of returns ongoing as I'm still awaiting a replacement that got okayed on March 10. Also talked to returns at my local Best Buy and they said they had returned 4 that same week.
Jawbone Enthusiast
carolmrn
0 Kudos

Same issue here.